Merry Christmas lil’ bro!
- 64 pack of Crayola crayons (do NOT get bargain brand!)
- White canvas (mine is 16x20)
- hot glue gun
- blow dryer
- Organize the crayons in the order you want them (it doesn’t have to be rainbow).
- CAREFULLY use the hot glue gun to glue the crayons down. You don’t need a lot of glue, just a thin line. Also, you don’t need to glue the crayons to each other, just to the canvas.
- Sit either outside or in the kitchen, lay out a MASSIVE amount of newspaper. You’ll be sitting on the floor (easiest) and leaning the canvas against a wall or something, so cover that with newspaper too.
- Put on your best painting clothes and socks!
- Put your blow dryer on high heat, low speed.
- Melt the tips of the crayons first, work your way across. Then go back and hold it near the lower part of the crayon, melt what’s inside the wrapping, working your way across.
- Basically just keep melting until you like the way it looks
It took me about 2 hours to sort the crayons and glue them on and melt them, so expect it to take a bit of time! But I’m so beyond pleased with the result, I can’t wait to give it to him!!